Adding a teen driver often cause a dramatic spike in annual auto policy premiums. According to a study conducted by InsuranceQuotes.com on average U.S. families who add a young driver to their auto insurance policy will see an annual increase of 79%.
Here are the 10 U.S. State where adding a teen driver to an auto policy is the most costly:
- Tennessee: 92.21% increase
- Vermont: 95.06% increase
- Connecticut: 96.33% increase
- Maine: 99.13% Increase
- Oregon: 99.87% increase
- Ohio: 100.17% increase
- Wyoming: 105.77% increase
- Arizona: 109.36% increase
- Rhode Island: 119.19% increase
- New Hampshire: 125.39% increase
Click on the link to see the average increase by State.